Sunday, August 17, 2008

Witness Protection Program

Well, this is the 99th, post of my blog.

Yes, it surprises me too, and I appreciate all those that keep tuning in. I've had a lot of time to think on the water these past few days, and I actually have a lot I'd like to post, but I figure I might was well save that to celebrate post 100.

More importantly, though, my mom continues to improve in recovery, and is back on clear liquids today. I told her Vodka is a clear liquid, and she immediately informed her nurse. Hopefully they're taking good care of her. Thanks to everyone who continues to forward their good wishes.

That said, I had an enjoyable morning. I'm continually amazed that I was only 1/4 mile from where I fished yesterday, yet totally different water, and a number of nice fish 2 lbs or better all in the same general vicinity, and I know there's still a bunch more out there that I saw and didn't get, and I know some good water that I left behind just because I want to share with friends in the coming week. What a special place.

I'm getting a little better at the self-photography dilemma I've been facing, but the fish weren't as photogenic as I am. In fact, I think some were part of the Fish Witness Protection Program. (Good thing the guest delays officially end tomorrow)

Protecting the identity of the innocent...

..but have you seen a bluer sky?

Ah, there we go..

We're still working out the official sponsorship deal with Waffle House, so the fish asked to be blurred out until we could finalize the royalty agreement. But thanks to Little Ricky and his bride Cindy for the sweet T-Shirt. We're thinking and praying for you both each day. (Heck, we'd be praying for Cindy no matter what. She must be a saint to put up with Little Ricky)

And just in case you thought I was totally inept, here's the culprit of my photo woes today, an attempted under water shot (though the sun was coming from the wrong direction, so there's more of a silhouette, but still a neat photo). This resulted in the drop of water that you see so prominently displayed. Oh well. A great day when that's the worst thing that happens to you.


1 comment:

Craig Reagor said...

Keep up the bad work. It's quite interesting.