Monday, August 18, 2008

Post 100....

...won't be as nearly monumental or special as I built it up to be, but as I've come to learn, all fly fisherman lie to some extent, so I guess this was mine. I would like to say, though, that I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read and keep up with my adventures. I hope you're enjoying reading as much as I've enjoyed chronicling the wonderful journey I've been on to date.

I really do have some things on my mind that I'd like to just let flow. Things I've learned on my trip out here, questions that I still have about life, and how all of that relates to where I go or don't go from here. But, as it turns out, it was a long day of fishing today, and due to a late cancellation, my best buddy Ryan just drove into town, so we shot the shit by the fire for a bit, and now it's bed time.

I did play racquetball today with Kim, the best gardener in Soda Springs (her husband Todd fished with Sid and I the other day, and she's the boat driver from hell at the lake). Was a great workout. I'd play racquetball any day as opposed to standing on a treadmill, so it was a lot of fun.

Had some tough fishing prior to that because, well, the cows were grazing too close to the creek, but the guest I was fishing with, Steve, did manage to snag a beauty of a Brook Trout and a really gorgeous Cutthroat. I was marveling at the colors on the fins and gills of the Cutthroat all through the time he was fighting it.





Looking forward to Ryan getting his first fish on a fly rod tomorrow. I'm excited to share my passion for fly fishing with him, and hopefully he'll find it as rewarding as I did when Craig was generous enough to "ruin my life" by sharing his passion for fly fishing with me.

No comments: