Thursday, June 19, 2008

One Last "Good Luck House"

Inspection day today. Hopefully we'll pull through with a clean bill of health.

Outside of that, mostly spending my time packing and doing errands. I'm certainly feeling the old adage "You never really know how much stuff you have until it's time to move."

I think I'm getting it pretty well organized, though, and I've got some friends who are going to help me store some things, so hopefully I'll be able to keep on going at a steady clip and have everything all done for an 8AM departure on June 28.

I've got my laundry list of odds and ends to take care of as well, so I'm taking tomorrow off work to try and cross off a bunch of those, and then Kari's in Saturday evening to Monday evening. I'm hoping that I'll be in pretty good shape by then so that I don't have to worry about any chores while she's here.

Sounds like I'll play a little poker tomorrow night at the bar game I play in about once a month. They wanted to get a game in before I left, and then a small farewell gathering on Monday night at the local bar where I've spent a bit of time. It was the first place I really went regularly when I moved down here 5-1/2 years ago, and I've made met some great people there, so it'll be nice to get together with them all before I go.

No comments: