Friday, October 31, 2008

On the Road Again

Well, today's the day. I'm heading out in a few hours, if I can get packed. Ran into some hiccups yesterday so there may be a slight delay, but I'll be on the road at some point today.

I'm incredibly indebted to Sid and Sheri for their generosity and hospitality in allowing me to stay at the lodge this summer. Their friendship and support has meant the wold to me, and of course, the fishing and hunting and watching Sid work in the woods are incredible experiences in themselves. I can't wait to get back next summer.

Of course, no good ever seems to come without a little bad. A little too much worrying about mom this summer, but fortunately she's doing well now.

Lost someone I loved from my life, but as much as it hurt, they say "it's better to have loved and lost." Focusing on that adage, it kept me in Idaho for a couple extra months to gain an appreciation for hunting that I didn't have before. It also left the door open for me to pursue a new adventure, a chance to live a dream to the fullest, and I'm going to do my best to take full advantage.

So overall, it's been a wonderful experience. I'm leaving a more relaxed (most of the time) person, and with the continued excitement that I found that had previously been absent from my life when I started this blog.

Thanks to those who continue to read. I'll update from the road as I can, and continue with my new adventures from Islamorada in 10 days or so.

Be well, all.

No comments: