Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good Scenery

Long hike this morning. Seemed fortunate to be moving a lot though, since it was 14 degrees when we started the hunt. Was probably a balmy 35 when we finished, which at that point almost seemed tropical.

Saw a bunch of nice bucks that were all out of range, and Sid saw a nice Bull Elk through is binoculars that had been not very far from where Little Ricky and I sat yesterday evening, with almost an eerie silence surrounding us. It was too quiet. Not even the birds wanted to talk to us.

Oh well, such is hunting. Rick came close to a shot at the end, as we continued pursuing elk, but it wasn't meant to be today. When I was in a position where it wasn't a big deal if I were making some noise, I snapped these couple of photos as I was heading down the mountain.







No comments: