Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sailfly 2009 Recap

It sucked. The fishing was bad. Only three fish were caught. Charlie Scoble, who's a master, was the winning captain for the 3rd or 4th time in 9 years. Great job.

And even though it sucked otherwise, I was still so excited to be a part of it, and just happy to be here.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. I've formulated lots of posts in my head, because a lot of times it's easier for me to express myself in writing than trying to talk things out. But that said, overall, every thing's just getting better.

There's a cold front coming through, and I'm still outside on the patio, with the breeze blowing, shoes off, and you realize that no matter what you think is bad, this is paradise.

Is everything perfect. No. Would I like certain things to be different. Sure. Do I know if I'll ultimately be happy here? No. But am I happy to be here at this moment? Damn straight.

Do I wonder if I'm supposed to be here? Sure. Do I wonder where I'm going? Absolutely? But everyday, I'm happier and happier.

Sometimes you just have to let got. You can't just sit and wait for things to happen, and you've got to make your path, but you also can't necessarily make the things that you want happen, especially when they're not all in your own control. It's hard to always believe that things happen for a reason, or trust that things will work out just because, but sometimes you just have to have faith.

My faith is getting stronger each day.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......